Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Great Deal!

I discovered my first Goodwill Clearance Center while perusing through a few local thrift stores one Saturday morning last month. Upon entering the store, my eye immediately spotted an unusual faux bamboo dresser. I tried to talk down her $25 price tag and was informed that all prices were firm until Sunday. Get this... every Sunday, everything in the store is marked down 50%. What a deal! I took a chance and decided to return when the doors opened the next day. There she was, and I only paid $12.50! Now, that's a steal of a deal.


The dresser sat in our garage for a couple of weeks while I contemplated what color to paint it. After sanding down each piece, I used an olive green that I already had on hand from another project. For now, this vintage dresser sits in my son's room looking like this...



Next on my list:
-finding the perfect new hardware
-choosing a pretty paper to line the drawers

2 comments:

(Eileen) a creative day said... [REPLY]

Looks AMAZING! I can't believe it was only $12.50! Never been to the goodwill clearance center but now I have to go!!

Nicole Rene said... [REPLY]

Looks absolutely amazing! What a great find!!!! :)