Thursday, September 6, 2012

While out West...

It's official. I am totally in love with Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It is absolutely breathtaking out there. Seriously, if you've never been before, it is so worth taking a trip. I don't consider myself an outdoorsy person, and I was a bit surprised that this trip didn't bother me a bit. We stayed busy outside nature hunting, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Aside from our daily excursions, I loved the food. What's new, right? I love food, and I especially love meat. The venison that I had in Wyoming was the best of the best. Also, I ordered huckleberry-everything (ice cream, cocktails, etc). It was a local thing, and I'm all about that kind of stuff. Oh, and I can't forget about the delicious basil martini that I tried out there. OMG! I wish I knew how to make them at home… so fresh, so delicious!

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip:

The Teton Range: The Grand Teton is on the far left with snow atop of its peak.

This was our cabin in Granite Ridge in the Teton Village.

Lewis Falls was so pretty, especially with that guy fishing… it was like a dream.

No photo will do this landscape justice. It was perfection.

The first animal we spotted was a moose.

We watched Old Faithful go off in Yellowstone National Park.

This shot was taken inside the historic Old Faithful Inn.

Here is the Yellow Bus that becomes topless while on excursions. How fun?!

We kept our distance, but look at the rack on that elk… amazing.

Here are my parents at a waterfall lookout.

Kepler Cascades (left) // Grand Prismatic Spring (right)

The Turquoise Pool of the Midway Geyser Basin.

Geysers were everywhere. This one was next to us while we picnicked for lunch. 

We hiked to the Lower Falls lookout aka the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It was worth it.

The hike back was long and tough.

We spotted mule deer...

… along with a herd of bison.

They were such beasts.

The next day, we found this bear print while hiking...

… and then we found the bear.

family hiking and canoeing adventures

The fam enjoying mountaintop happy hour at The Deck. That view + their edamame = killer!

The girls went shopping in downtown Jackson for a day.

Oh, the pistachio macaroons and cappuccino at CocoLove... I die. We actually got to hang out and chat with the pastry chef and master chocolatier, Oscar Ortego. It was a definite highlight.

While we were having fun in town, our men became extreme mountain bikers.

With temps dropping down in the 30's, an evening fire was a must.

I miss this place already...

Are you convinced? Wyoming really is all that. If you haven't gone, go. It's beyond beautiful, and everything looks like a postcard. Can't wait to go out West again. Next on my list: Colorado.

8 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said... [REPLY]

I lovvveee your pictures! My grandpa used to live up near Jackson Hole, and I love all the huckleberries! Huckleberry pie... huckleberry bread... etc. I cannot believe you got THAT close to a bear and a moose. I really am craving to go again after seeing your pictures...

Beth of designPOST Interiors said... [REPLY]

Gorgeous pictures! That bear print gives me the willies!!

Unknown said... [REPLY]

What a fun vacation! The pictures really do look absolutely beautiful, but I can imagine that they just don't compare to the real thing :) Thanks for sharing Anna!

xoxo,
Joelle

Holly Gruszka said... [REPLY]

Oh my goodness - it is beautiful. I can't even imagine being there in person. I haven't been out west very much so this is really like a dream. Hopefully one day I'll get out there. The rooftop happy hour looks so nice as does all of the views from your hikes. Thanks for sharing.

Michaela said... [REPLY]

What a beautiful part of the country! So many pretty pictures. And the pic of your foot with the bear print...oh my!! Glad you had such a great time :)

Simply Splendid LOVE said... [REPLY]

Oh my gosh! I wish I could snap my fingers and be there right now. It looks so beautiful. I live in the city so it's a huge contrast to what my life is life. Wow, how relaxing does it look!! And the fire, wow! I wish it was cool enough to start a fire.

Unknown said... [REPLY]

Stunning photographs, absolutely stunning!

xo
Alison

~abi~ said... [REPLY]

love your photos! wyoming and montana are my two favorite states - i just love that whole area!!