Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NYC


In 3 weeks, my husband and I will be heading to New York City for my birthday. I cannot wait! I haven't been to The City in nearly 15 years, so I am ready to make the trip as memorable as possible. I've been to all of the super touristy places once, and in most cases once is enough for me. Yes, we will go to Central Park and Time Square while we are there, but other than that... I'd like to explore the southern part of Manhattan. I care most about eating good food, seeing beautiful sights, and shopping. So, here is where I need you... Where would you go? For those that live there or have already been, what are your favorites? Must-see, must-eat, must-do??? Help a sister out.

Also, any NY bloggers want to get together for a cocktail? I'd love to meet some of you bloggy friends in real life!

Here's to seeing NYC from a new perspective!

8 comments:

Julia Ryan said... [REPLY]

I have no advice, only best wishes. I am so jelly beans over your fab trip! SUCH FUN! I'm going to Charleston for my birthday and am so excited, but NYC is the top! Have such fun!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said... [REPLY]

So jealous Anna! Have fun! My must stops are always Lombardi's and Le Pain Quotidien ;)

christin said... [REPLY]

YYYaaayyy! I just emailed you a whoppper of an email back. Sorry.

Emily | Recently said... [REPLY]

I've still never been to NYC so of course I'm green with envy! Hope you have a ball!

Hannah said... [REPLY]

So funny I just went to NYC in October and posted a post exactly like this! -- check it out because I got a lot of responses and good tips!

I would say buy a subway pass ($29 for the week unlimited) that way you can see everything. Upper East Side for shopping and central park.

A really cute rooftop bar is 230 5th -- gorgeous views.

Top of the rock is also great for views.

Eat at an Artichoke Pizza -- get the artichoke pizza obviously.

Raine's law room -- MOST amazing speakeasy. You can find it on yelp just make sure you make reservations.

Have fun!!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said... [REPLY]

My absolute favorite places I have been there are:

The Hudson Hotel for drinks...the bar is like Alice in Wonderland!

And we ate at The Smith last time I was there...very cool and great food!

Have a blast!

Unknown said... [REPLY]

I highly suggest the 9/11 memorial, VERY moving and breathtaking.

xo
www.carlyonqueue.blogspot.com

Rebecca said... [REPLY]

Hi there, longtime reader, first time commenter. I've lived in Brooklyn for 5 years now, so I guess that officially makes me a "New Yorker." If you're going to be in town on a Saturday, I suggest going to the Brooklyn Flea for some of the best vintage shopping you'll ever do. http://www.brooklynflea.com/ Take the Staten Island ferry to Staten Island, and then make your way right back to Manhattan, for the best view of the Statue of Liberty, for free. Go to Joe's Shanghai for a true NYC Chinatown experience and for awesome soup dumplings. http://www.yelp.com/biz/joes-shanghai-new-york-2 Go to the Met. The admission is only suggested which most tourists don't know, and you can see some of the best art in the world for one cent. Go to the Strand Bookstore in Union Square and get lost in a book in this beloved NYC landmark by tourists and locals alike. http://www.strandbooks.com/

I could easily give you a million more suggestions so this is just a taste, feel free email me if this is not the direction you are interested in.