Thursday, November 1, 2012

take a moment

Today, I'm posting something a little more serious, and it comes straight from my heart. It's not the usual, but I thought I'd switch it up for a change. As we enter into the season of giving thanks for all of the things that we are blessed with, I am taking some extra time to go outside and just be still... to be quiet and listen. To really look at how amazing God's creation is. Watch a sunrise or watch a sunset. The magnificence of that alone can give you a whole new perspective and understanding of just how small we are in the grand scheme of things. I challenge you to join me in taking a moment. 

I strive to always have a thankful heart, but there are so many things on my to-do list, on my want list, etc. that I (too often) overlook everything that I do have. The desire of my heart is not to look at November as the month of giving thanks but to live a life that is always in a season of thankfulness. 

Just my 2 cents...

7 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said... [REPLY]

Beautiful reminder!

(Eileen) a creative day said... [REPLY]

Such an awesome reminder, love you girl!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said... [REPLY]

Thats a great attitude to have. I think this month every day I will write in my journal about something I'm thankful for to keep my mind on thankfulness and gratitude this time of year.

Michaela said... [REPLY]

Live a life in a season of thankfulness...Love that quote so much. Thanks for the reminder!

Julia Ryan said... [REPLY]

Love this! Great reminder girl!!!

Lexi said... [REPLY]

Sometimes you need the reminder to take a moment to think, to breathe, and to be thankful. Thanks for this!
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said... [REPLY]

Beautiful words my friend!