Monday, October 10, 2011

my new chair

I scored BIG this past Friday! I got this beautiful fretwork chippendale chair for a whopping $15 on Craigslist.


I really love it! It does have some damage to the cane seat, so I plan on making an upholstered cushion to replace the caning. 


It retails for a whopping $1000 per pair, so I think I really lucked out. I may paint it... not quite sure. I'd love your ideas. To paint or not to paint? Upholstery fabric print ideas?? OR, even better, does anyone know roughly how much it would be to get it re-caned? HELP!

3 comments:

Drew {Coral Cafe} said... [REPLY]

WOW!! $15?!! That chair is gorgeous!! Congrats on finding such a gem!

natasha {schue love} said... [REPLY]

Wow...GREAT find!!! That is awesome and I am sure whatever you do, it will look fab. I do know there are places that can even fix the basket weave...if you want to keep it.

Emily | Recently said... [REPLY]

I love it! I like the idea of adding a cushion, but let me know if you find out how much re-caning costs. I have a few damaged chairs too!