Friday, October 21, 2011

risky business

Sophisticated and daring...


AND I love it! Anything that reminds me in the least of a dalmatian has me sold these days. Those irregular spots get me every time.

Yesterday, while I was thrifting I found a seemingly similar enough top that I bought for $1. It even had shoulder pads! :) It's white with brown spots and smaller scale -- not nearly as fabulous as the one shown above. My intentions were to cut it up and make a scarf. Now I'm thinking that I should take it apart and sew it back together to make it a smaller size. That would be a huge undertaking, and I'm really not the sewing savvy girl that I wish I was. The shirt is literally like a 2XL, so there's no "making it work." Whatever I do, it will involve a little risk taking which is okay. After all, it was only $1!

What do y'all think I should do with it? 

2 comments:

Becca | Lowlife Couture said... [REPLY]

Sew it girl. I just did a little surgery on a top I found at TJ Maxx, and I am so glad I took the risk. Go ahead a do some work on it and just leave the extra fabric (don't cut it out) then if you don't like it you can take out the stitching and make your scarf.

Janette said... [REPLY]

I think you should take it apart and make it smaller! It's really cute material!


Janette, the Jongleur