Thursday, October 13, 2011

You snooze. You lose.

The saying holds true...

2 weeks ago, I was in an antique mall and spotted a bar cart. I quickly made my way over to it and checked out its price tag. It read $19! I couldn't believe it. I stood there and looked it over. I knew that even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted, it was a steal, and I could always resell it to make a profit. But somehow, I talked myself out of the purchase.

This past weekend, I spotted the exact same cart on the One Kings Lane Design-Blogger Tag Sale, and then I suddenly regretted my decision to leave it behind. The cart sold for $599 and retails for $900.


When I saw it with this price tag, I immediately picked up the phone and called to see if the identical cart that I found was still for sale. Of course, it sold the day before. I keep reminding myself that the wheels looked cheap, and it didn't look at all as spectacular in person as this listing makes it seem. Ugghhh! It hurts.

5 comments:

Sadie + Stella said... [REPLY]

That is the absolute worst! I try to not let that happen to me but then that classifies me as a spendaholic. You can't win 'em all!

www.sadieandstella.blogspot.com

Becca | Lowlife Couture said... [REPLY]

errr, the worst. Its ok though you will find some other great finds! Hubby and I are planning a trip to cola to stop at some antique spots along the way, and end with the flea market.

Emily | Recently said... [REPLY]

I soooo hate it when that happens! I've gone back for things twice in the last two weeks and they've been gone! I need to start trusting my instincts :-).

Alexa said... [REPLY]

Such a bummer when you find something you love and then its gone! Thanks for stopping by today! :)

natasha {schue love} said... [REPLY]

Oh that is the WORST! I'm so sorry! I know I paid way more than $19 for my new bar cart...I guess it's all about how much worth you see in it!