Saturday, October 29, 2011

painted side table

PHOTO: table (free), acrylic tray (thrifted for 50 cents), silhouette (me from childhood), orchid (thrifted for $1), 4 Pottery Barn coffee table books ($1 each from a yard sale), paper-mache bird (Bethany's booth at The Depot)

Often times when I get a piece of furniture that I don't really have a space for, I store it away in my garage with plans to eventually paint or resell it. This little guy had been collecting dust in my garage for a couple of months when I decided to give him a new paint job. I had one bad experience with oil-based paints a couple of years ago and had steered clear of them ever since. Well, I gave it another go this week and turned to Rustoleum's Smoke Gray.


The finish is perfect and high gloss (which I love). I actually rolled the table instead of using a brush, but I think I'll try it with a brush next time to compare the finished product. {I'm loving those PB books... they bring an autumnal palette to any space!}


All very thrifty finds here, but what's new? :) I don't have a place for the table as of now, so back to the garage it goes.

And, if you missed it yesterday, go enter our GIVEAWAY!

5 comments:

Kelli DeGrazier said... [REPLY]

I love how shiny it is! So cute!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said... [REPLY]

I LOVE it. Nice job indeed.

Design Eat Repeat said... [REPLY]

That is adorable! I love your blog, it's so beautiful!

Kate @ Daffodils said... [REPLY]

O I love this! I have been wanting to use the oil based gray since I saw it on Little Green Notebook. It is so pretty!

(Eileen) a creative day said... [REPLY]

it so pretty :-)